Wednesday 26 June 2013

winter sun

As I sat eating lunch with Cailin on our office balcony, shivering in the cold winter air, I dreamt of a cosy sun room / conservatory where I could lay on a couch and look through a ceiling of glass at the clouds rolling through the sky. 

I did a quite Pinterest search to help me feel warmer and stumbled upon this story by Hus & Hem. (It's in Swedish but my Google Chrome browser translates it for me.. yeah I wish I could speak another language).. As you can see, I'm pretty sure the couple who designed this conservatory actually broke into my head and have designed it for me, because the whole thing is perfection.. Like, I want to be sick with how amazing it is. 

The brick wall at the back brings a grounding to the building and adds a level of privacy, which is almost a contradiction in a room of glass. Mis-matched chairs are a small addiction of mine that (thankfully?) my hip pocket can't afford. The greenery, especially in the chandelier brings the garden in and makes you feel like you're almost in a Mad Hatters Tea Party but a lot more fabulous.

I imagine children playing in a garden and stumbling upon this wondrous beauty as the run through bushes. A little like the Secret Garden but in reverse...








No comments:

Post a Comment